Before you start with developing a theme you need to do some preparation.
- You should have a MIUI device equipped with at least 720P or 1080P screen resolution.
( Devices equipped with 720P or 1080P are preferred because it will help you develop a theme without any bugs and with better adaptation on both resolutions)
- MIUI system needs to be MIUI V6 version or above, You can download and also find tutorial for flashing latest version of MIUI here : http://en.miui.com/download.html
- Download the MIUI theme editor for Windows PC here : http://en.miui.com/thread-37054-1-1.html
- Download and install ‘Mi PC Suit’ : http://pcsuite.mi.com/ (Available only for windows)
- Activate developer mode in your phone. Go to settings- about phone- click on MIUI version for few times to unlock developer options. After that go to Additional settings-Developer options-USB debugging mode and make sure that the USB debugging mode is on in developer settings.
- Now connect the phone to Mi PC suite and the computer will automatically install the drivers, then you can connect on a Theme Editor.
- Other software tools: Photoshop, NOTEPAD ++.
1] Using it on MAC:
First install JAVA on your mac
(Download here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index-jsp-138363.html )
Then install Android file transfer(Download here: https://www.android.com/filetransfer/)
Download the theme editor and run.
2] “Import failed” troubleshooting steps:
- First check whether the USB debugging mode is on, steps to check: settings – additional settings – developer options – USB debugging mode.
- Open Mi PC suite and check if your phone is connected properly.
- Open Task Manager to see if there are more than one ADB processes running, find and close it. Recommended to uninstall or disable other process of adb.
- In the Theme Editor menu click on “Fix adb” (windows only)
- Try different USB or replace the cable.